Monday, October 19, 2009

Tattoo Shows

I guess it's a matter of opinion. Tattoo Shows are growing every season - I have to admit, I usually watch only 2 on a regular basis - Miami Ink and LA Ink so most of this discussion will refer to them. When I first heard that Miami Ink was going to start, I pictured a different show. I thought (and hoped) that would be sixty minutes of non-stop tattooing. I don't know about most people, but I can watch someone tattoo for hours. How the picture develops, the hand movements, the colors of ink and the end resulting from using the colors. So, for personal preference, I was disappointed on that level. So, to deal, I tape them and fast forward through the talky part and just watch the tattoos. I don't care about the partying and drinking after hours craziness.

As far as the plus side, I believe theses shows satisfy the curiosity of people that have never gotten a tattoo or even visited a decent shop. I believe it takes some of the mystery away and expanded the horizon for people that were contemplating a tattoo but had never progressed from there. These shows might help them make their decision or take action to "just do it"!

I'm happy that these shows are growing in popularity and rocketing the careers of the artists on the shows. They are all super talented kick-ass tattoo artists. My hope is that one of these years, they will taylor a show that just shows the tattooing. What am I saying - some day they'll probably have a Tattoo Channel!!

0 comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online